Friday, May 18, 2018

Recycling Inspiration

The investigation by Room #7 has inspired me.  If you look underneath my desk, there is a brown bag stuffed full with paper, plastic and cardboard waiting to go home with me to be recycled. As I am  waiting the arrival of our recycling bins, I've begun to think about and research the other ways that I can recycle. What I've come up with is a list of ideas that can be implemented at school and at home; by adults and by children:

Turn off the water
     Turning of the faucet when brushing your teeth or washing your hands helps to preserve Earth's natural resource.

Reuse materials

Think about the feasibility of a material before you throw it away. Could it be used for another purpose? How about that old t-shirt? It could be repurposed as a car rag. 

     Use less paper

  •      Use cloth napkins at the table 
  •       Reuse paper by writing on both side before recycling.


The things that can be recycled are only limited by your imagination. Every day I enter the classrooms and see some sort of box, plastic or tape being used to communicate understanding as the children build and describe. Their imagination turns "junk" into a  bridge, a submarine or a car. If you are a parent, then you know that the box is always more fun than the toy inside of it.

 Recycling is one habit that we won't mind our children picking up on. If we all do one thing to protect our planet, collectively we will save the Earth. Recycle, Reduce and Reuse!

No comments:

Post a Comment